Friday, October 24, 2008

Interview Two, Current Job Zero…

Today, I had a real awful scare. I had a phone interview for a great job at John Deere Credit lined up when a meeting was switched up on me, time-wise. I had to call HR at JDC, let them know what was going on, and wait nervously for a new time to be phoned back. Fortunately, the supervisors were free at noon, but that still meant I had to go to lunch AT NOON. I never go before 1:30 PM if I can help it. The meeting I had to rush back into the building for, of course, was cancelled with absolutely no warning! That has meant I’ve been stuck on the phones since 1 PM, literally a slave to the dial. However, when I think about it, I have two fifteen minute breaks coming. I think I’ll take one sooner than later… That should redress me for time lost!

The interview went OK, but not as well, I think, as my face to face a couple weeks ago. I hope I get the job. It may be a significant pay cut, but I think it’s worth it if I can think about work and not want to throw up. At least, I hope that will be the reaction I have to the job. I’m fairly confident that I have all the required skills that they seek, and should fit it well at John Deere. There are a lot of folks I used to work with there, already! Here’s hoping I get the damned job.

Tonight after work is finally over, I’m headed to the bar with work friends here. Somebody left the company for a better job in my department, and it’s a well-wishing trip. I think my immediate boss, Cigar, wants to talk to me there. Hopefully, he has good news about JDC giving him a call re: me. Who’s got two thumbs, is nervous as hell and is on the verge of tears about his work situation? This little monkey!

No comments: