Thursday, October 23, 2008

F*$! 'em!

So, it’s kind of funny… I was just talking to my immediate supervisor. He’s the guy who hired me on here as a temp almost two years ago. Poor Cigar (he smokes one almost every day on his 45-min. drive home,) has suffered more than almost anybody else since the new ownership came in. They took away his Sales Management position, broke him to supervisor, forced him to collude with the CS trainer to create a training program for the new sales team, and almost completely ignore his wise suggestions for survival in this particular industry… The environment under Cigar was wonderful. We all felt like a big family, and everybody was there to help. Now, I’m not saying that I loved it here, but I did like the people, and at least the workplace was a supportive environment. You know the current story. Every day is a long slog full of self-loathing and desperation at the moment.

Anyway, I was talking to Cigar, and he told me that he’s had three jobs on offer in the last month. He’s narrowed his options down to two possibilities, and would like one more than the other, but is just waiting to see who gives him the better offer. I told him about my flirtations with John Deere, and he promised me a good recommendation, thank God. I don’t know how much more nail-biting I could possibly do before drawing blood at this point. Either way, it’s nice to talk about exit plans when your day is this bleak.

I hope the new owners burn in hell.

No comments: