Friday, April 11, 2008

TGI f-ing F

Two days of rain and bone-gnawing cold has me a little down. I’m usually OK with the cold, but this winter has been punishing at the end… It’s been a bad year for health, but a good one for my sanity. A good year for my bank account. A good year for my kitchen and my soul, too, one hopes. Any way you look at it, good outweighs the bad this time through.

Last night was nice. Orpheus and I hung out at his place, after I’d half-cooked dinner at mine. It was a more fully realized version of the dish I made for BakedAlaska, QuakerNoOats and EvilGenius, their daughter. It was also a little more standard for me. I used shallots, black walnuts, cherries and cranberries for the glaze and the stuffing. Pretty much, I butchered, stuffed, tied and browned the tenderloin at my place, then popped it in my small enameled casserole, glazed it, transported it to O.’s place, and roasted it there. Other than a positively horrid wine selection (a Spanish white that was rather too dry for pork, ESPECIALLY pork with a bittersweet cherry glaze), all was well. We watched South Park online, then had some very nice sweaty time sans-pen.

Tomorrow, I roleplay again, and we’ll be seeing a play later that night, for free, thanks to Basso. Afterwards, there should be plenty of time to sweat, and much of it screwing, too, one hopes. That will be followed, finally, by a trip to the zoo on Sunday morning, if it’s not freezing and wet by then. And if it is, then Sunday will likely be whiled away in bed, fucking like some sort of deranged rabbit. I love the weekend.

No comments: