Monday, April 28, 2008

‘a’ is for Art with capital expenditures...

So, sorry about the two posts today. I realized, belatedly, that I hadn’t gotten to getting the previous bit on the web (as intended) by about 6:00 PM on the 25th. Therefore, it was on the web around 4:50 PM on 4/28. So, here’s the end to the story... Friday was a walking abortion, up to the point where we got into bed. Really, to “save gas,” I went downtown directly after work, even though O. was working until 8. There was a really fast walk-through of the super-expensive design-show-like gallery for free, as one of his co-workers nabbed a ticket for me when Orpheus wasn’t looking. When it was 7, a friend called, and reminded me that Leo, he of great annoyance to O., was having a goodbye charity drag show thrown by his frat for him. So, I got ready, returned Orpheus’ keys at the museum, and went. As failures (labeled A,) go, it was fun, but lasted WAY longer than advertised. Afterwards I was kinda crabby, O. was kinda crabby, and agitated as fuck with the dumb shit that goes on during fundraisers at work. We ate out at Denny’s, where there was a teen male youth group seated quite close to us (Failures B and C, respectively), and then we came back to my place, where there was some transcendent sex, thank god (you know, the one that lives in Orpheus’ dick). Thus, we at least both slept decently.

Saturday started out well, with a nice version of my american potatoes for breakfast, and french scrambled eggs with bacon, yellow pepper and shallots, all prepared in a similar manner to last week’s rendition of the same, albeit without the chicken stock in the potatoes. Then, we went back downtown, and O. went to work. On the way, I was to pick up BakedAlaska, who, half-way to his place phoned to tell me that QuakerNoOats was horribly sick, so he couldn’t make gaming. Once I’d dropped Orpheus off, and picked up Bulgaria, who had asked for a ride, we arrived at gaming, only to find that we hadn’t made group quorum... Leo was sick post-drag-show, and didn’t show up. This meant that we spent the afternoon playing board games, which in and of itself wasn’t bad. It’s nice to have contact with one’s friends that doesn’t involve loudly invoking the names of (fictional) gods who sound silly and are absurdly single-purpose. (I mean, monotheism gets SOME things right. Sadly, I prefer religious Swiss-army-ism in this regard, even if I do find all ‘gods’ similarly fictional in feel.) Afterwards, O. and I had an odd night together at his place (and several bars,) involving Basso, who’d just had his bag stolen. Admittedly, I and I was rather out of it, and a bit spacey, as well as horny as hell. Basso, though he wasn’t feeling the love enough to get pounded, was more than happy to watch us have sex. Kind of fun, but I’d have rather been a good boy. We went to bed fairly quickly after dropping B. off.

Sunday just plain sucked, with two provisos. Orpheus had to work early, and I was stuck at his place by myself... Worse yet, I forgot to brew coffee, which would probably explain my overarching grumpiness well into last night. Proviso one was that I found a site where I can stream episodes of Top Chef: Season IV. I will not share the name of said site, because I want to continue to find said episodes there! For this, I apologize. Secondly, I went to a really neat symposium session on lighting artwork at the benefit. The guy talked like the Sicilian thief from ‘The Princess Bride’, which was wonderful. Plus, he was so passionate about his work... I couldn’t help but think that I’d love working if I could just be as excited about the things I do as he is about his work. Well, that and his clients include some of the richest people in the US, and half the huge industrial concerns in a four-state spread, so business has to be booming. Yes, monetary success would sit well, too. Anyway, he was very amusing. After O. finished work, I was still crabby, but made a neat little dish with chicken breasts, leftover Rose (fucking accent marks!) and prosciutto from our excursion to the House on the Rock, and a little vegetable broth, shallot, Italian seasonings, etc. It was actually pretty nice! I think, though, that I’ll try the treatment down the road with pork loin chops and prosecco or a sweet rose, if such I can find, and call the dish “Porco (p)Roso,” both in honor of the movie, and because it’s fucking cute. Besides which, I think the idea of “Porc au Vin is kinda funny. and neat... However, one must find a way to rid oneself of the dreaded bay leaf without ruining the dish! I left last night, as I hadn’t taken good care of my kitty, and so spent last night alone, cold, and masturbating my brains out through my ears. Le-sigh!

No comments: