Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mmmm... Le Creuset

Not much to report on, excepting that I showed Orpheus a print-out of my post yesterday, and the bit about feeling woozy re: him on Saturday didn’t make him want to crawl out of his skin. In fact, he got a little more snuggly afterwards. Also, the Le Creuset pan makes me wet. The heat I used was a touch high at times, I think. I’ll be pedaling that back a lot in the future. But, overall, as long as one sticks to the rules and has a little patience, this pan has better non-stick properties than most of the Teflon I own. Oh, yeah, and it actually heats evenly, aluminum and stainless be damned. Basically, I cooked bacon, used much of the grease for a vinaigrette dressing on a spinach salad (w/Spanish Sherry vinegar and pepper), and used the rest of the pan drippings to brown stuffed chicken breasts. The chicken was almost too moist (though done… I checked with a meat thermometer, thanks), and was delicious other than a poor choice I made regarding one of the cheeses in the stuffing.

Tonight is a night off for O. and I, so there’s some confusion as to what to do/cook tonight. I may try a smaller-scale version of what I cooked on Saturday, and have some left over. I’ll definitely be doing a spinach salad, as I have enough of that crap to drown in, and it goes bad fairly quickly. I may call a friend and see if he wants to cook together. Or, I may just sleep. It seems like that might in fact be the smartest idea, anyway. I may feel loads better, but I’d like to feel better still by week’s end, so I can start drinking again. In any case, Orpheus and I are supposed to hang out with Basso tomorrow after work, so conservation of strength may be in order. More later, kids! Have a great April Fool’s Day.

Oh, yes… One further point. O. wanted me to editorialize regarding what he was watching when I got crabby on his ass Saturday night. It was, in fact, the movie ‘Enchanted’ rather than ‘Drawn Together’ as previously written. For chrissakes, I was trying to sleep, and it was loud! I didn’t care what was on!!! Maybe he deserved the kicking. ;-)

No comments: