Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Five days of soberness...

So, for the last couple of days, I’ve felt a bit under the weather. Last night, I was so overcome by the solid blockage of my sinuses by rubber-cement-like goop that I only slept for about three hours, and that interrupted by frequent hot showers and hot, citrus-y caffeine-free tea breaks. Today, I did my damndest. I showered for about twice as long as usual, attempting to clear my sinuses and head. I got to work early. I hunkered down. I made a doctor’s appointment for during lunch, when I’d normally take a nice nap. And, it turns out, I have either sinusitis, or developing bronchitis, which means no booze or fun of any other sort for five days, until done with the antibiotics. Meh. Why must one always be punished for being ill? It’s already miserable enough in and of itself.

No comments: