Friday, March 28, 2008

Double-meh Friday, Tussionex-style

Well, it turns out that the effect of prescribed hydrocodone (I just want to make that clear, I DO have a prescription, for a damned good reason, for Tussionex,) on orgasm is to make it frustratingly difficult to finish, but to keep one more or less ready for the act until such time as one pops. No wonder sickos love it! I, on the other hand, was not rated for such orgiastic gymnastics last night, and since O. and I had only settled in for a wank, it just got bloody frustrating. In the time it took me to bring myself, Orpheus came twice. This is something of a rarity for him. He was also very kind and supportive, and didn’t complain when it took me an hour. This speaks volumes to his strength of character, frankly.

Other than that, there are quite a few other things that I’m rather un-fond of regarding the Tussionex. The first is that it puts a buzzing pall over my entire day. I have to concentrate very hard on even the simplest of things in order to get anything done at all. It makes me very sleepy, to the point that I had to drink twice as much coffee as normal this morning to be functional. But it completely clears my sinuses, and stops all but the lightest coughing. My nostrils are slowly beginning to put themselves back together from the bloody ruin they had become by Wednesday. And I’ve gotten the best sleep the last two nights that I’ve had in as long as I can remember. Opiates do a very good job zonking one out.

There is a price for anything good, and that price is sometimes quite bad. But the fact that I haven’t had to be home sick is to the good, as far as my bosses are concerned, and the fact that they’ve watched me suffer like a trooper is also good. What isn’t good is the fact that work is making me sick in the first place.

No comments: