Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby steps toward…

I got a call today. It was Orpheus, sounding rather excited. He and Basso, our effulgent (read: pale-skinned and auburn-haired,) friend from Sunday night, made plans to meet for happy hour this evening. I, of course, am encouraged to attend. Normally, Tuesday would be our night off. As interested as I am, I’d have never made plans to hang out yet without O. present. I get the idea they’d have met whether I’d been able to go or not. While Basso is certainly more than worthy to be one of our first joint friends, and quite possibly a sometimes-spice in our sex lives, I’m a little unhappy about these plans. I trust Orpheus, but I don’t know B. well enough to do so. I admit to being quite clingy, sometimes very possessive, and a little hurt by O’s boldness in this matter. I’ll go with bells on, though, because I love him, his spontaneity, and the tingly possibility that hangs in the air with Basso. We’ll have fun, and this won’t bother me. But it will come up in conversation with Orpheus, later.

No comments: