Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BF sucks ass (not mine, you idiot, BF!!!)

Aphrodite’s BF is a completely unacceptable human being. I don’t think he has a soul. To make a long story longer, one must start at the beginning, but I’m going to short-circuit so as to waste the least amount of energy possible on that walking abortion. Try, if you will, to remember that Aphrodite has had a long, tortured, on-again-off-again thing with BF, the loathsome toad. There was only one major intervening sub-relation, named Kouros, who was a god carved of flesh, but too nice to A. to be taken seriously by her. She would say of that fiasco that she wants a “challenge,” which is just a dressed-up way to say that she likes to be degraded.

Last night, I wasn’t feeling terribly tip-top in terms of shape. I asked Orpheus, who was staying at my place yesterday whilst I was a-work, to decline any and all requests for our presence out. Unfortunately, Aphrodite called, and she was out of her mind with the need to escape BF for a few hours. Normally, I love hearing her complain about the bastard. So, I gave O. permission to respond in the positive, under the assumption that BF wouldn’t be there. Unfortunately, he was. Furthermore, we had to meet at Maduro, a great bar, to be sure, but one that was abusing my poor lungs. It is one of maybe two places in Madison where it’s still OK to smoke indoors in public, legally. Hooray for cigar bars! We moved to a better venue re: my health, the Opus, which I believe that I’ve mentioned before.

At the Opus, everything started well. BF retreated into himself for a bit, waiting for the sushi he ordered to be served, and the sake to be warmed. Then he began complaining about everything. And speaking animatedly about work with Aphrodite, as to solve her rampant unemployment, they created a new HR position for her at his company. She hates it, and it shows, but she bore up well, considering. All the bile and stupidity that came out of his mouth just made me so cranky. I did well, myself. I didn’t give him a good reason to bite, but niggled him just a little all night long. I socialized with the help. (This is one tactic that really gets him, as he actually thinks himself better than the folks that are working their butts off to put his fat, arrogant ass at ease.) I ceaselessly turned the conversation to (more) interesting things, taking over when he truly believed himself the end-all and be-all of entertainment... I gently rebuffed the more absurd of his opinions with fact. Attack BF outright, and he flies into a rage. Poke at him while he’s self-assured, and he becomes confused, retreats a little. I kept him in retreat most of the evening. It was awful. Terribly rude. But he didn’t understand what was happening, and it honestly made me happier than listening to his constant bullshit.

When we finally left the bar, I’d drunk twice as much as intended... However, the second drink was an experiment, a collusion between the bartender and myself. She didn’t charge me, and I believe that she also undercharged for the appetizer that O. ate, as well. I told Orpheus that I didn’t want to hang out with BF ever again. Apparently, Aphrodite agrees... With everything. Including the bit where BF was a douche. I love being right. I hate being right at the cost of my soul.

No comments: