Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of What?

“Speak up, I can’t hear you!,” is what I’d have been saying at about 10:30PM on Friday if Orpheus and I had bothered with fireworks. Fortunately, we did not, so my annual case of tinnitus is postponed for an alternate event. Instead, we picnicked with one of my coworkers who had friends and family over for a good five-hour chunk of the afternoon. It was very nice, and even O. seemed to be having a really good time until right near the end. We left, ostensibly so that I could whack myself off with pain meds, but really due to the fact that we didn’t want to get caught watching the fireworks. M., the coworker, lives directly across the street from the largest fireworks display in Madison, you see, which is why this was both the coolest and the worst 4th party I’ve ever been invited to. Cool, because of location and conversation, worst due to my hesitance to watch fireworks/ruin my ears and lungs for a good week solid. I do, after all, have to make it to GR in one piece on Wednesday.

Let’s see… Other than that, there wasn’t much to this weekend, except that Orpheus fucked my brains out in a good way, and our sexual experimentation goes apace. Also, I was hit on by a really hot guy at the Apple store… Who then attempted to get me to apply part-time. As if! Though, I would get a wicked discount…

No comments: