Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random, bitter-sweet musings

Today, the United States Government finally put sanctions on Iran. I was wondering how long it would take, with president ‘Imadinnerjacket’ spouting off various types of racio-sexual intolerance every time that he opens his mouth in public. Funny to muse upon, however, is the frequency with which similar crap comes out of the mouth of our own fearless leader, the fear-mongering, trustafarian, born-again, alcoholic freak. Just some food for thought. At least the fiasco with Blackwater seems to be going well, leaning toward better oversight or outright contract cancellation. I’m slathering over the soon-to-come public hearings.

I’m having a disjointed day. Last night there was much consumption of alcohol at Orpheus’ place concurrent with the viewing of South Park and other mindless programming. Thus, sleep was a dreamless joy quite fierce in its’ black, death-like totality. I’ll have to remember to chase poor-man’s Cosmos with Cabernet Sauvignon again in the future. Oh, yes… Spike TV’s show ‘Manswers’ is the scariest load of dreck I’ve ever seen. In fact, I popped the cork on the Cabernet because I feared I’d have bad dreams about the “how tiny does a bikini have to get before it becomes illegal’ contest they had at a local “club” in some run-down, blue-collar hellhole. Also, the redneck hot tub fashioned with garbage-bag liners in the back of one’s pickup truck was most distressing. Especially considering that the bubbles were caused by vented exhaust. Necessary for operation: a friend revving your engine and no doubt checking you and your honey out while ‘ya neck in a veritable soup of CO emissions.

Add to this my horrible new job description, which involves making telephone calls all day long, and you have: Mush mental, otherwise known by the Brits as Brain porridge. Seriously, these calls are getting in the way of my daily review of the NYT while addressing multiple customer issues. If I’m on the phone all day instead of doing e-mail duty, there’s no way in h-e-double hockey sticks I’ll be able to keep up on current events! Que serra… I’ll just have to get used to mouth breathing. At least the cat will be happy. With an IQ approaching normal in this country, I’m sure to become a cat @!#$er (or the president,) by default!

No comments: