Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving: The Art of Creating Terry



I promised you yesterday that I'd update you on pumpkin carving, then got distracted by my imminent death by AIDS... So, as promised, here we go. After actually buying pumpkins for myself and Orpheus (Aphrodite actually had two of her own, and they were warty), I dropped off the pumkins with 'O and parked. By the time I got back, he'd left the apartment to get suitable pumpkin carving knives. I hung out with Aphrodite for a bit, then O came back. I popped a bottle of Cabernet, and we went to work scooping, and seperating out the seeds. While Orpheus finished my pumpkin cleaning, I washed the seeds, oiled and delicately spiced them, and set them to roasting. By the time I was done with said enterprise, O and A had finished their marginal though soumewhat clever Creations. Orpheus turned out a pinched-faced average pumpkin with a twist... Super-cute dimples. Aphrodite made a tiny kitten on a huge warty pumpkin, making it look a tad... slow. After they were done, drunk, and watching The Simpsons, I set to work for five minutes creating my pumpkin (pictured above)! Terry the 'Tard (see the prefrontal labotomy scar at the left temple,) is the cutest, dumbest pumpkin you're ever going to meet. Know him. Love him. Just don't let him think that he's got a chance with you. Ever.

No comments: